8/15/08

.


..well here we go. I just unearthed boxes upon boxes of my mom's keepsakes. Boxes I never thought twice about until now. There's alot of things you don't think twice about until you're unemployed and bearing some type of illness. Then you think twice about everything. And dull things are suddenly fascinating. Why fight it? I'm amused.
Come to find out, she's saved EVERYTHING. This here is a notecard I made back in '93. Back when I decided to be a photographer. It didn't last for long. I got an old camera and black & white film and rooted around the house I was living in (my ex's grandmother's house) for props, and did random things with them. For this picture I actually asked my ex to drive me to the nearest railroad tracks. He stood patiently nearby and smoked while I arranged the old boots, hat, and Bible exactly to my liking. I had a few sets printed up on notecards. I never sold any. I ended up giving them all away. I abandoned this particular project when I saw my father's initial reaction to the photograph: laughter. And not the good kind. It's because the picture is called "The Right Side Of The Tracks". So what if I'm a nerd. What have YOU done in your lifetime on a creative note? Anything?